October – December 2022
Praise: [I often use these words in my daily prayers].
I praise and thank you for family and friends: for my parents, for all their love, care, generosity, patience and forbearance; for siblings and family; for good friends: for enjoyment, generosity, and love, for times of joy, and burdens shared; for all who have forgiven me, coped with me, worked with me, carried me, and exhorted me; for all who have prayed for me and encouraged me so faithfully, and for those who continue to do so.
Please praise God for these opportunities for ministry, and pray for:
- Sermons and talks
8th, Giving a workshop on ‘Retirement’ at the St Jude’s Convention at Phillip Island.
14t, On a Panel at The Gospel Coalition Australia conference on ‘Longevity in ministry’.
22nd, Giving a CS Lewis lecture at St Mark’s Bellerive in Tasmania on ‘Human Desires and God.’
23rd, Preaching 3 times at St Mark’s, an apologetic/evangelistic sermon.
25th-27th, Speaking at Diocese of Tasmania Ministry Development Conference on Expository Preaching.
6th, Preaching four times at St Jude’s on Micah 1. [Final public speaking for the year].
- Preaching Groups: 3 groups meeting in Melbourne, and 3 Zoom groups including people from Bendigo, Darwin, and Perth. Each group meets about every six weeks. We have our last meetings for this year in October and November.
- Mentoring, advising, and praying for ministers.
- Writing on The inspiration of the Bible.
- Supervising two research students, one in Malaysia, and one in USA. Pray for their productivity.
- Website peteradam.org . Please pray that it will be useful to many people.
- Planning for ministry in 2023. I have reduced the number of days I will work next year. Please pray for good opportunities for ministry.
Health. I had another cancer removal from my scalp and skin graft from my neck last month. The doctors have decided I do not need Radiation on my scalp at this stage [a great relief!].
I will have a month’s holiday in December, and will be back to work in January.
Thank you so much for your prayers.